The future is coming. It knows no bounds, and neither should science fiction.
They say the more things change the more they stay the same. But over the last hundred years, science fiction has changed. Vibrant new generations of writers have sprung up across the globe, proving the old adage false. From Ghana to India, from Mexico to France, from Singapore to Cuba, they draw on their unique backgrounds and culture, changing the face of the genre one story at a time.
Prepare yourself for a journey through the wildest reaches of the imagination, to visions of Earth as it might be and the far corners of the universe. Along the way, you will meet robots and monsters, adventurers and time travellers, rogues and royalty.
In The Best of World SF, award-winning author Lavie Tidhar acts as guide and companion to a world of stories, from never-before-seen originals to award winners, from twenty-three countries and seven languages. Because the future is coming and it belongs to us all.
Here’s the full Table of Contents:
- IMMERSION by Aliette de Bodard
- DEBTLESS by Chen Qiufan (trans. from Chinese by Blake Stone-Banks)
- FANDOM FOR ROBOTS by Vina Jie-Min Prasad
- VIRTUAL SNAPSHOTS by Tlotlo Tsamaase
- WHAT THE DEAD MAN SAID by Chinelo Onwualu
- DELHI by Vandana Singh
- THE WHEEL OF SAMSARA by Han Song (trans. from Chinese by the author)
- XINGZHOU by Yi-Sheng Ng
- PRAYER by Taiyo Fujii (trans. from Japanese by Kamil Spychalski)
- THE GREEN SHIP by Francesco Verso (trans. from Italian by Michael Colbert)
- EYES OF THE CROCODILE by Malena Salazar Maciá (trans. from Spanish by Toshiya Kamei)
- BOOTBLACK by Tade Thompson
- THE EMPTINESS IN THE HEART OF ALL THINGS by Fabio Fernandes
- THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES by R.S.A. Garcia
- DUMP by Cristina Jurado (trans. from Spanish by Steve Redwood)
- RUE CHAIR by Gerardo Horacio Porcayo (trans. from Spanish by the author)
- HIS MASTER’S VOICE by Hannu Rajaniemi
- BENJAMIN SCHNEIDER’S LITTLE GREYS by Nir Yaniv (trans. from Hebrew by Lavie Tidhar)
- THE CRYPTID by Emil H. Petersen (trans. from Icelandic by the author)
- THE BANK OF BURKINA FASO by Ekaterina Sedia
- AN INCOMPLETE GUIDE… by Kuzhali Manickavel
- THE OLD MAN WITH THE THIRD HAND by Kofi Nyameye
- THE GREEN by Lauren Beukes
- THE LAST VOYAGE OF SKIDBLADNIR by Karin Tidbeck
- PRIME MERIDIAN by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED by Zen Cho