Lavie Tidhar has curated a new World SF StoryBundle! Available until mid-April, the bundle features 10 books selected from a variety of countries and cultures, showcasing the diversity of the science fiction genre. Here’s Lavie’s introduction to the bundle…
It’s been my great privilege over the past [mumble mumble] years to edit several anthologies devoted to international speculative fiction in all its forms, beginning with the first volume of The Apex Book of World SF back in 2009, done on a budget of chewing gum-and-string, and culminating this year with The Best of World SF: Volume 3 from Head of Zeus, the third in a series of huge, handsome hardcover volumes. Along the way I got to publish the World SF Blog for four years, and write about many international titles in a regular column for the Washington Post. But perhaps the most fun of these has been putting together these annual bundles for StoryBundle – a direct opportunity to offer readers a selection of wonderful books from around the world, at one low price, while directly benefiting the authors and their publishers. It is a reality of today’s publishing environment that the most exciting titles usually come from smaller presses, that in a crowded field it is hard to stand up, and that even a small bundle like this can often make a real difference to a book and its author.
The titles included are as follows:
- SIGNAL TO NOISE by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- HADITHA & THE STATE OF BLACK SPECULATIVE FICTION by Eugen Bacon and Milton Davis
- UNTO THE GODLESS WHAT LITTLE REMAINS by Mário Coelho
- ION CURTAIN by Anya Ow
- OF DRAGONS, FEASTS AND MURDERS by Aliette de Bodard
- & THIS IS HOW TO STAY ALIVE by Shingai Njeri Kagunda
- NOVA HELLAS: STORIES FROM FUTURE GREECE edited by Francesca T Barbini and Francesco Verso
- HEBREWPUNK by Lavie Tidhar
- THE LOVE MACHINE & OTHER CONTRAPTIONS by Nir Yaniv
- AND WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU TONIGHT by Premee Mohamed
Lavie is also the editor of the Best of World SF series of anthologies, published by Head of Zeus; he is also the multi-award winning author of many novels, novellas, and short stories.