Following last year’s experiment, we are once again opening submissions specifically for folks who will be attending Renovation, this year’s Worldcon being held in Reno, Nevada from the 17th to the 21st August, 2011.
John Berlyne will be attending and will also be appearing on a number of panels. Here are the relevant and *very specific criteria* for submitting. If you can’t tick ALL these boxes, unfortunately we will not be able to to consider your work…
- This submissions window is open *ONLY* for people who are attending Renovation. Please include your membership number in your covering email. If we don’t find you on the membership list, we won’t be able to consider your work. Telling us that you are ‘intending to attend’ won’t cut it – sorry!
- Please follow our submission guidelines. If you are unable to follow the guidelines, we will be unable to consider your work.
- We’re looking for all shades of commercial genre fiction – be it SF, Fantasy or Horror or any such permutations thereof (there are many). That said, the most important factors for us are the excellence of the writing and the commercial hook, rather than how many rockets or wizards or ghosts appear in the story, so look to our Submission Guidelines and the About Zeno page to gauge our tastes.
- You should submit ONLY if you have a finished novel-length manuscript to send, should we wish to see it. We’re not interested in reviewing your work-in-progress or the novel you’ve written a bit of.
- Did we mention you should look at our Submission Guidelines?
- Note that we reserve the right not to ask to see your work should your pitch email not appeal.
Good luck! See you in Reno!